Born in Chicago, Anina von Molnar moved to New York at the age of 17 to start her professional dance career as a performing artist. At 18 she received her first engagement at the New York City Opera Ballet (New York State Theater at Lincoln Center), where she worked for 6 years. During this time full of rich, new experiences, Anina had the opportunity to take up additional engagements with, among others, Twyla Tharp (Apprenticeship), The Rebecca Kelly Dance Company (New York, NY) and the Rod Rodgers Dance Company (New York, NY). She was also appearing on stage regularly in numerous classical ballets (Giselle, The Nutcracker Suite, Les Sylphides, Coppelia).
Always fascinated by the body´s potential for expression, Anina was drawn towards the practice of Yoga in the early 1990´s and began her formal studies soon thereafter.
From 1991 to 1994, she danced solo roles under contract with Richard Wherlock at the Ballet Theatre Hagen and from 1994 to 1996 at the Zurich Ballet before beginning her collaboration with Jochen Heckmann in 1996 as a dancer with the LOOPING Contemporary Dance Company (Zurich, Switzerland).
Guest performances have led her to the National Theatre in Prague as well as the Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow.
From the 1999/2000 season until 2007, Anina was engaged as Assistant Choreographer and coach together with ballet director Jochen Heckmann at the Augsburg Theatre.
Anina´s broad experience of different yoga styles has given her perception greater depth and complexity over the years. She is grateful to have studied directly with self-realized masters and pioneers of yoga in the West in the traditions of Iyengar Yoga, Kripalu Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Anusara Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, OM Yoga, Jivamukti Yoga, in addition to various other Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Styles. Anina was especially influenced by her training with Cyndi Lee, completing her Teacher´s Certification with Cyndi Lee / OM Yoga New York.
Since 2001 Anina has been practicing Vipassana Meditation and participates in Vipassana Retreats regularly. She attends those held by the Buddhist Monk Thich Nhat Hahn in Plum Village, France and in the Meditation Center Beatenberg in Switzerland with Fred von Allmen.
In 1998 Anina came to know the genius mind and body visionary Juliu Horvath. He is the founder of the unique, three-dimensional movement expansion system called GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM®. Working with him personally at his "White Cloud Studio" in New York, Anina studied and completed the two Trainer Levels I and II.
EDUCATION / REFERENCES:
- Directress / Owner INTEGRALARTS Yoga.Gyrotonic.Tanz / Studio Augsburg
- Certified Pre & Post Natal Yoga by Patricia Thielemann, Spirit Yoga Berlin
- GYROTONIC® continued ed. certifications: Specialized Therapeutic Applications for Hip Girdle, Shoulder Girdle, Scoliosis
- Instructor of Creative Dance & Movement, Elementary Music Pedagogy Program (EMP), Leopold-Mozart-Center, University Augsburg
- Assistant Director, Artistic Assistant, Dancer ́s Coach and Choreographic Assistant Stadttheater Augsburg and in the Independent
Art/Dance Scene of Zürich, Switzerland, and Augsburg, Germany
- Continued Education in Transpersonal Body/Mind Oriented Research (Gestalt & Body Awareness according to Dr. Phil. Leland Johnson / 5 Fundamental Core Teachings)
- Member of the International Dance Council CID, "Who´s Who in Dance"
- Professional Soloist Ballett and Contemporary Dancer